Today is my 27th birthday. I see how time flies so fast, like a blink of an eye. Look, now I’m in the state of my late twenties. In my 27 years of living, I want to be brave for anything. I want to accomplish my goals. In this year, I will be seriously focused on my education. I have been dreaming about pursuing postgraduate since last year, but I didn’t have courage to take further step to apply for university.
My birthday this year could be the best birthday in my life after I moved to Jakarta. I’m not alone anymore. I have made peace with myself. I don’t need anyone to impress my success. I just want to impress myself and to push limitation.
Back in the last year, these are the interesting events happened when I was 26 and most of them were my first experience:
- I celebrated my 26th birthday alone. I blew out birthday candle that I stuck on choco-chips muffin with teary eyes. “Ohh why I didn’t have friends to celebrate my birthday”, but hey, it was the turning point of my life. I didn’t need them to celebrate my birthday. I need myself to take care of me completely and I only need my parents’ sincere prayer for me.
- My old friend gave me a cute Hard Rock plush toy. Thank you, Andik! I really love that cute blue lemur plush toy.
- Completed my task to assist one of coal mining company in Indonesia to get the1st of one of emission reduction certification in coal mining sector worldwide. *Yippiee!!
- Traveled for the first time to one of Jakarta’s islands. I snorkeled and swam to the open sea without live vest!
- Spent 5 days in Bangkok and wandered around with my travel mate.
- Got myself flew to Singapore alone for 3 days and stayed in a hostel!
- Went to Indonesia National Monument (Monas) for the first time because there was a Japan exhibition and also I saw JKT48 show live for the 1st time!
- Visited animal shelter and it was an amazing experience to see, hug and cuddle abandoned dogs and cats.
- Ate dinner at Holycow and Otel Lobby. This is important!
- Volunteered for animal spaying and neutering.
- Went to Monument Pancasila and wrote a story about it.
- Finally had finished reading Aleph and The Little Prince.
- Got a wedding invitation from my (ex) first love to attend his holy matrimony. It hurts like being stabbed on heart for many times!
- Went to Jakarta’s gardens and spent hours at the National Library
- Had my first experience as MC.
- Met Mr. B which was also one of the “gifted people” with missions. We talked a lot and he introduced me to the Venus Project and to other people which had the same experience like me. I finally met someone who had the same “insanity” like I had. We were not friends, but I’m glad I met him.
- Started to use less plastic bag.
- Wore skirt everyday to the office. I used to wear trousers and ashamed of my fat legs, but who cares?
- Went to Meruya for the first time brought my cat to have her spayed!
- Applied for health insurance.
- Got my first Jamsostek card (or it is known as Social Security card).
- Went to Menara Dea to swim but actually I just need to take a shower because electricity went out at our housing complex.
- Stayed at MMC Hospital for 5 hours because of the breathing problem and the nurse helped me with respirator machine. It was a disaster in my life. I could not breathe, I could not speak. I thought I was going to die.
- Watched a Drag Queen show live.
- Met a client and he offered me Mercedez S-class and an apartment. In return I served him as a sugar baby. My answer? HELL NO!
- Spent USD 200 for makeup. Crazy huh!
Those were the 26 highlight on my 26th year on Earth.
Moreover, these are some goals to achieve this year:
- Eat more veggies and fruits.
- Buy a pair of running shoes (Hm, I’m thinking about Nike!).
- Travel to the Eastern part of Indonesia, specifically Flores and Maluku.
- One trip to another country.
- Pass IELTS exam.
- Learn a little bit of French.
- Get a college and scholarship.
- Paint on canvas.
- Do paper quilling and drawing more.
- Practice yoga at least three times a week.
- Do the daily meditation.
- Stay away from junk food.
- Regular visit to hometown.
- More saving for traveling to Nepal, Bhutan and Tibet.
- Finish reading To Kill a Mockingbird, The Winner Stands Alone, and The Night Circus.
Lately I was just having birthday lunch with colleagues. It feels so good to have lunch together with them. Yap, I’m not alone on my 27th birthday. I thank God for every blessing He has given me. Happy birthday, Dian!